Ubuntu on Dell EMC PowerEdge T30 (Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4400 @ 3.30GHz)
If there is an issue with the information for this system, please let us know.
The Dell EMC PowerEdge T30 (Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4400 @ 3.30GHz) server with the components described below has been awarded the status of certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS 64-bit
Available from ubuntu.com
This system was tested with 16.04 LTS, running the 4.4.0-59-generic kernel.
- Configuring AMT for use with MAAS
1. Enable AMT and set a password for AMT on the System
2. Enable remote access for AMT on the System:
* Set "User Opt-in" to "none"
* Enable "Active network access" and set host name
* Leave the default setting for other options.
3. Enlist System in MAAS server by powering it on and letting it PXE boot the first time
4. Edit the System entry in the MAAS dashboard:
* Make sure to set the power type to "Intel AMT"
* Provide the IP address of the AMT port and the password for access
5. Click the "Commission" button to perform Commissioning.
At this point, they system is ready to be deployed
- Dell: 0.0.7 (UEFI)
This system was tested with these key components: