Ubuntu on Dell Inspiron 7537
If there is an issue with the information for this system, please let us know.
The Dell Inspiron 7537 portable with the components described below has been awarded the status of certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS 64-bit
Available from ubuntu.com
This system was tested with 14.04 LTS, running the 3.13.0-43-generic kernel.
- Updates required
This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- Proprietary Drivers Required
Installation of proprietary NVidia video driver is required for full functionality.
- Touchpad gestures
3 or more finger touchpad gestures do not work on this system.
- Touchpad gestures
From 2-finger touchpad gestures, only scrolling works on this system.
- Legacy Boot Mode Required
This system was certified using Legacy Boot Mode for certification. The use of EFI or "Auto" boot modes may or may not work properly.
- Screen rotation
Screen rotation is not working in performance mode. Rotation works well in powersaving mode.
- Active Hard Drive Protection
Accelerometer and associated Active Hard Drive Protection are not working properly on this system.
- Slow Resume from Suspend
This system does not not meet our performance criteria for resuming from suspend, but suspend/resume is functional and other functionality is not affected.
- HDMI audio
HDMI audio output option may not be available when your laptop is running on battery. This can be solved by rebooting you laptop with the adapter connected.
- Dell: C35 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components: