Ubuntu on Lenovo B590
If there is an issue with the information for this system, please let us know.
The Lenovo B590 laptop with the components described below has been awarded the status of certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
Available from ubuntu.com
- Proprietary Drivers Required
Installation of proprietary drivers is required for WiFi functionality. When prompted to install drivers, select the "Broadcom STA" driver.
- Slow Resume from Suspend
This system does not not meet our performance criteria for resuming from suspend, but suspend/resume is functional and other functionality is not affected.
- Acer Monitors
This hardware may show signs of performance degradation when connected
via HDMI or Display Port to Acer manufactured displays.
- Active Hard Drive Protection
Accelerometer and associated Active Hard Drive Protection are not working properly on this system.
- Lenovo: H9ET11WW (0.11 ) (Legacy)
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
Pre-installed by manufacturer
- USB 3.0.
USB 3.0 devices are seen only as a USB 2.0 before suspend
- Updates required
This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
This system was tested with these key components: